Are you planning to use Facebook Messenger for marketing in 2020? We have collated some of the most important statistics you need to know about this
Messenger Usage Statistics
1. Facebook Messenger is a must-have for iOS users.
It’s currently the second most downloaded iOS app of all time. Only the main Facebook app can boast more downloads.
2. They have been 1 billion + installs on Android devices.
Facebook Messenger and Facebook Messenger Lite are two of the most popular apps on the Google Play store.
3. The user growth for Messenger Stories is soaring.
According to recent Facebook statistics, there are more than 300 million daily active users of Facebook Stories and Messenger Stories.
4. Techcrunch reported that 410 million users use video chat each month.
Based on figures released at the F8 conference, the article also states that 17 billion photos are shared every month.
5. Communities within Messenger are increasing.
2.5 million groups are created every day by messenger users. However long dialogue is not a strong point – the average length of a message is just 5 words.
6. Messenger enables communication during big sporting events.
35% of people surveyed said that they connected to one another on Messenger to discuss sports events as the events were happening.
7. Private messaging is driving Facebook’s growth.
In March 2019, Mark Zuckerberg stated that “private messaging, ephemeral stories, and small groups are by far the fastest growing areas of online communication.”
8. Facebook’s ambition is to make Messenger lighter and faster.
Their goal is to keep the app size under 30 MB to limit smartphone memory usage, and further enhance the user experience.
Messenger Business Facts
Whether you’re a marketing executive at a digital agency or the CEO of your own company, these facts and figures about how businesses and their customers are using Messenger makes essential reading.
9. Businesses have been quick to exploit Messengers potential.
Over 40 million active businesses are messaging people around the world. In addition, businesses are exchanging over 20 billion messages each month.
10. Young adults prefer to use messaging technology.
Facebook insights reveal that on a global basis, 60% of Gen Zers wish they could message more businesses.
11. Ignorance or poor response times alienate customers.
Messenger users found it most frustrating when nobody responds to a question or comment they shared.
12. Nearly a quarter of Air France customers’ requests are handled automatically by their virtual messenger assistant.
This has resulted in a 15 point increase in customer satisfaction scores and a 50% reduction in resolution time!
13. The opportunities for businesses on Messenger are continuing to grow.
Half of 18-34-year-olds in Australia who would like to receive updates after starting use say they’re happy for businesses to communicate with them through messaging services.
14. Messaging relationships enhance trust in a business.
75% of people say they prefer to message a business over other channels & 66% say messaging a business makes them feel more confident about that business.
15. Users like to chat about their travel experiences.
50% of leisure travellers in Australia who actively use Messenger say they use the platform to chat with friends about holidays.
16. There are now hundreds of thousands of chatbots on Messenger.
Recent figures show that there are more than 300,000 active bots, primarily used by businesses for customer service enquiries.
Recent Messenger Marketing Features
The last few months have seen a host of updates that marketers and advertisers can take advantage of. Improved customer service and enhanced advertising capabilities are just two of the upgrades…
17. Facebook announced the availability of stories ads that click to Messenger.
Now, marketers can use both stories ads and ads that click to Messenger across Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram.
18. Advertising on Messenger can increase conversion rates.
77% of brands that added the Messenger Stories placement to their stories advertising campaigns saw increased conversions compared to campaigns that had single stories placements.
19. Private Replies have an updated range of features.
Previously only plain text replies could be sent to customers. Businesses can now send images, templates and quick replies in response to a customer post or comment.
20. Facebook are trialling a real-time appointment booking service through Messenger.
First announced at the F8 conference, this feature enables businesses to integrate their existing calendar booking software to power booking experiences through Messenger.
21. New Lead Generation templates within Facebook Ads Manager.
Businesses can now converse with prospects directly in Messenger and integrate with existing CRM tools to track leads.
Did you know that ZooomSphere’s customer care module integrates seamlessly with Messenger and other social media messaging solutions? Our all-in-one dashboard displays the messages your team needs to see!
We’re trusted by companies including Tesco, Deloitte, and Ikea. Take your customer service to the next level – request a demo here.